Pausing, I gazed at the magnificent forest scenery around me. Hundreds of giant trees loomed over me reaching for the bright blue sky. Shhhh. Chirp, Chirp... Listen. Can you hear the birds chatting? Small wild flowers dotted the ground with a wide variety of colors giving the forest life. Orange and black butterflies glided around each flower, gently landing upon them. In the faint distance, I spotted a mother deer and her speckled fawn darting between the trees. Everywhere around me the forest smelt of moss. Squish, squish. I kept walking on the pine needled covered forest path, and with every step came a spongy squish, from the pine needles collecting on the ground, for hundreds of years before me.
~ Jordan
Yep, that's my girl!!! So when you see her name on the cover of a book she has written, remember..... that's my girl!!!
She in taking honor English in 7th grade next year, and we are so very proud of her.
The child has talent, you've got to admit that:)
5 comments:
What a great description. I feel like I'm in the forest. How fun to see her talent growing.
Um, yeah...she is really talented! I thought you wrote it at first and then I saw it was your daughter. What a gift she has!!!!
Thanks for sharing...she does have a gift. I love reading books that transport me to wherever the author is describing...she can do that!
Great detail, what a smart girl.
love her!
That's writing any English teacher would be proud to showcase. Soon people will be paying her to write their essays ;-)
Post a Comment