For a family who doesn't really celebrate Valentines day, we sure do seem to be feelin' the love around here this year.
The kids had their typical Valentines Day heart shaped krispy kremes for breakfast. They really love them and John went and got them fresh after seminary drop off this morning making them extra yummy!

Yesterday after church I made heart shaped little pies {from scratch} filled with either homemade apple pie filling or bananas and mini chocolate chips. {Double yum!} I put two in a bag and ran them to some of my friends. 

My friend Monica's birthday was this week and her husband brought both of us one of these dreamy little ' deathcake' cup cakes from cup cake royale. And it was all she talked it up to be.. Delicious.
Today before Johns flight { to sunny california} we hit the Maltby Cafe for our Valentines day breakfast. I love their cream freshe. Admittedly I've only ever had theirs, but it is the best!
When we came home from our date~ sitting on our porch was a box of roses! I was delighted! When John and I were dating, and I worked in a salon, he would weekly have roses delivered to my station. All the other hair stylists would tease that I was the luckiest girl in the shop. I think they were right! But I might just be the luckiest girl around to this day.


I feel as though Valentines Day is for Love, not just for the love you have for your spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend, but the love you have for everyone.
I always leave a little something out for my kids to start off their Valentines Day reminding them they are loved.
I hope you have a very 'lovey day' as we say in our house



2 comments:
Love the post! What a great Love day you had!
My mouth just watered looking at all the delicious treats! AND you are a lucky lady!
Post a Comment