Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dinner Date

We won El Goucho gift cards at John's office party for the last few years running. I had to save them up so we could actually EAT there, otherwise we could have ordered water and salad.
It was amazing! The building is somewhat unassuming, and I never would have noticed it had John not been there before. {for business, none the less. {my business never takes me out to fancy food... :) }
When I had to use the restroom, a waiter came over and walked me there! The food was divine, and although I may never eat there again, I think everyone should have the experience at least once. First they bring out home cooked bread with whipped butter, then your dinner, which you have to order a la cart, but anyhow, my steak was giant and tender. I got the mac n cheese as one of my sides, split a wedge with john, had asparagus and John got a baked potato. Now normally I would make fun of him for choosing something so plain at such a fancy place, but this time, it came prepared table side with fresh chives, a cheese sauce {not just shredded cheese} and more whipped butter! I stole that right from him! By the time all the food was there I had it placed in a semi circle around my steak plate...sorry John. I was also pretty sure that I was going to need a change of clothes for the ride home because there was no way I was leaving in the fitted clothes I came in. {some of which I borrowed from Jordan}The waiter brought a dessert menu, not quite sure where I was supposed to fit that, so I passed. Sadly. Because dessert at an upscale restaurant is never disappointing.
So at the end of this divine meal the waiter delivers a cake platter stuffed with nuts and a nut cracker, purple grapes, 2 whole apples of varying kinds, 2 whole oranges of different varieties, and a beautiful bright green pear right smack in the middle! Along side the fruit platter comes a silver platter with some strong type of bleu cheese, homemade slices of toasted bread, and dates!! My oh my! At the end of the night we rolled out the doors to our valet and requested they drive us home...
The night was wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you guys got to eat out together. Sounds like the food was great. Maybe you will get to go again someday.

Jaime said...

Never been there before, but your meal sounds delicious. What a lucky lady. Date nights are always the best, just wish they weren't so far and few between.