Friday, November 2, 2007

IT'S GREAT TO BE EIGHT!










November 1st 1999
The most wonderful event to ever happen to me {up to that point} Chastin Zaine Barnes entered this world.
Via C- section @ 4:00am on the button!
Due- October 10th! Way over due!
He lived in intensive care for a week then came home to our place in Edmonds.
We couldn't have been happier or more tired!
He stayed in our bed and hardly ever cried or slept.
Now it is eight years later and we still couldn't be happier!
What a wonderful boy!

Shilo and I brought Costco pizza and juice boxes to Chastins class to celebrate his birthday! It was a total hit!
John always brings home a special gift for Chastin and Shilo on their birthday. Something he picked out just for that child, and doesn't tell me so I can be just as surprised, I always know to have the camera ready when dad gets home with a gift in his jacket.

Here we are out to dinner at Rubys Diner with our good friends the Blasers. We had a wonderful time celebrating Chastins special day!

We were so glad that Chastin was able to have a wonderful day filled with friends, family and lots of FUN!

6 comments:

Paige said...

It was fun to celebrate with you. Thanks for letting us crash your dinner party. We think Chastin is a wonderful boy.

timicus said...

Hey, Chastin, Happy Birthday buddy!!! Cousin Tim

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Chastin! I love his name!!! It is great to be eight!!!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Chastin. A huge milestone.

Torrie, thank you, thank you, thank you for the boy clothes. You are so incredibly sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love that restaurant!! and you look incredible Torrie- what'cha been doing?? The whole post was so fun to read, I love hearing about the cool things that John does as a father- great ideas for Ryan (who wishes he could be more like that) Happy Bday Chastin!!

kelly said...

happy birthday chastin!
you are one of my favorite 8-year-olds!