I looked around at what needed to be put away and I thought
" Good thing I have a business membership to the warehouses around here!" and then I thought how long it's been since I just 'went grocery shopping' you know like at a regular store.
But our average shopping trip looks like this:
3 bags of dog food at one time {they had a coupon for $6 off our kind so I'll get 9 more bags}6 loaves of whole grain bread
1 veggie tray
1 container of pineapple pre sliced
1 tray salami
2 double packs of turkey
2 packs Tillamook sliced cheese
1 5lb bag Tillamook shredded cheese
60 pack of tortillas {great for homemade tortilla chips}
4 lb box strawberries
2 bags frozen chicken tenderloins
2 bunches bananas- one ripe batch and one on the green side
4 containers of natural peanut butter
9 pack danishes or 12 pack muffins
24 bagels
3lb cream cheese
6 gallons 2%
2 1/2 gallons Wilcox chocolate milk
3lb bag Mexican blend cheese
Costco granola- a favorite in our house
1 gallon simply orange
bag of 3 cantaloupes
2 bags Parisian salad mix
2 liters shampoo for the kids
1 liter conditioner
lever 2000 soap
36 count t.p
12 count paper towels
1 case go- gurt
5 lb bag mini carrots
20 lb potatoes
soft soap refill
hand sanitizer
bucket of cat litter
bag of cat food
cases of soda- always one case of diet coke, and maybe some Dr. pepper
last but not least...
a magazine for me { if i find one i don't already get!}
and a berry smoothie for the kid{s} that helped push around 2 carts or one flat bed with their mom!
I have a new fridge that is larger than normal, and now I think it needs to move out to the garage as an over flow fridge and I need to get one of those restaurant size double fridges!
7 comments:
Ahhhhh!!!! NUTS! There has to be some way around this whole eating business!! I myself would like to do away with it entirely! ...until I see another delicious plate of food..
SO EXPENSIVE tho and I just haven't become a good enough mother yet to be a prepare-all-the meals kind of girl. I bet I could save a few bucks that way.
Yes...you definitely need an over-flow fridge :)
Love you!
That list cracks me up! I love the big bags of dog food!
Call me back toots! :)
WOW! That is some list! And how often do you make the "warehouse" runs? We got bi-weekly, unless we need gas, they are cheaper.
Love the berry smoothies!
The sad thing is if your family is anything like mine - most of it will be gone in 2 weeks and by next month the list will be longer.
By the way you have got to change that snow picture, it is so depressing!
good grief torrie, that is some list!
you definitely need a giant fridge.
That will be a fun list to look back on someday when you and John are old and gray and eating like birds.
Do you want my coupon for the dog food? I can mail it to you.
Post a Comment