Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a hawaii recap

so a few of my girlfriends are off to hawaii, and as i was talking to two of them yesterday i was thinking 'i never posted the rest of my trip' and these days my blog posts ARE my journal entries so i'm going to recap.

some favorite places & food:


north shore


  • matsimotos for shave ice-

    { be sure to get the ice cream on the bottom it is so good!}




    for the sunsets... best pictures you'll take your whole trip!

    international market
has tons of little booths with lots of neat things, be sure to bargain - it's just like in the bahamas!
{and right by you hotel!}
you will also get a chance to see all the crazys, people with their parrots, and men painted from head to toe, holding their position so you think they are a statue... oh- and the steel drums! my favorite part!!!!


puka dog is there too!

so have one for me,
because there just isn't anything else like it!









senor frogs has the best mexican food ever! we ate there in the bahamas and in hawaii! you get plenty to share, and watching all the brave people sing and dance is quite funny too! might i suggest the 'build your own fajita platter' best with diet coke & a lime!

  • there of course is TONS to do, but i would pick maybe two sights and lay on the beach the rest of the time! waikiki fills up fast so you might want to drive a few min. down the road to a more secluded beach {but leave NOTHING of value in you car!} or you might want to just get to the beach early,bring a cooler and lay there all day! don't forget your sun screen, you'll need it and a bunch of cold water!





here is our convertible being finger printed after the trunk was popped open and our snorkel stuff, john's shorts and wallet were stolen. but don't you worry they were caught by an off duty police officer, told off by me, and sent to jail with this being their 94th prior!!!!






and just for kicks i'll tell you- but i was in a 2 piece {which i probably shouldn't be seen in}, and walked right up to those two 40 somethings and asked them what their mother would think of them doing this to innocent tourists on a nice vacation? the police officers laughed at me, john told me i was 'such a mother' and the two men sat on the grass in hand cuffs looking down. and to top it all off i looked them in the eye and told them i would be pressing charges. one of them swore, and the other said 'it wasn't me'. funny how my husbands wallet was in his car...:)

and after all that, you would think it would ruin our time in hawaii, but we both just laughed it off. good thing i only let john carry $2 with him at all times!

11 comments:

Paige said...

Thanks Torrie! As I was walking back from the bus stop yesterday I had the thought, "! I'm going to Hawaii next week!" How lucky am I? And the timing couldn't be better. I know there is so much to see but honestly, the part I'm looking forward to the most is relaxing in paradise, basking on the beach and reading while listening to the waves! I'm going to have to go back with Eric to do more touristy things. And there had better be good weather! I'll take notes of this post and check them off my list when I'm there.

Anonymous said...

I will be with Paige basking on the beach, listening to the waves...as we once again tell each other our secrets. And of course eating. Marie+vacation+sun=fat and happy haole.

I can't wait to go back to a place I call home!

p.s. what can we bring you?!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been a monkey in a coconut tree when you told those guys off!! I can totally hear your voice and everything..hahaha..you're awesome.
I love love love this blog post!! I think I'll bring it with me when I go to Hawaii someday!
Im so excited for Paige and the girls!!

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Torrie you are hilarious! I would have been too chicken to say anything to those guys. And everytime you mention hawaii I get super jealous of all you guys that are going or have been! 'Sigh' I hope maybe somday to get out there to bask in the sun, sand, and ocean!

Anonymous said...

Somebody has to carry the bus fare.......

Jaime said...

It is great to see a post again, you have been missed. Someday I'll go to hawaii too.....

-::bee::- said...

Mmm...Matsumoto's and a Puka Dog, warm water and a warm breeze. We're already planning our trip back for next year!

Anonymous said...

Here's my question though...the thought of eating a Puka Dog is a little too close to the word, puke. Makes me a little nervous?

Good to chat with you today!

Janetta said...

Go you, Torrie! Way to tell 'em. Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing your expert traveller tips.

kelly said...

oooh, i might have to print this out and bring it with us.
thanks for the great ideas!
i'm SO excited!

Unknown said...

I love Hawaii, tho I haven't been there in years. I had to laugh at what you did to the guys who stole your stuff. Love it!