Wednesday, September 3, 2008

first day back at it

i am not one of those brave moms who can't wait for my kids to go back to school
i must admit- i cry when the bus drives away, and my child looks so uncertain
i cry that i will miss something i wish i hadn't
add pregnancy hormones to that and it's a double whammy!
so here are my kids in order of 'flying the coop' time





alex is in 9th grade! and signed up to play the bag pipes! how cool is that!
chastin is in 3rd grade! and looking forward to after school art class & selling cookie dough for that stretch limo ride again this year!
jordan is a 8th grader! and anxiously awaiting cross country to start!

8 comments:

Audrey said...

I cried too. Just means we're more in touch. :) Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

oh they're so beautiful..and your older one are blowing me away with their teenagerness! Bag pipes ARE cool and my niece just started cross country too and she LOOOOVES it.
I said a prayer with Mallory right before we headed to the bus stop and cried the whole way thru it. That uncertain look ..kills me. I guess we cry because we know that there is so much more that happens for these little (and big ) guys that goes along with that look of uncertainty.

kelly said...

love your pictures!
going back to school is such a tangible reminder of how old your kids are getting and that's so hard!

Anonymous said...

Such good lookin kids!!!

Jaime said...

I think I'll be the same as you Torrie when I have kids that go off to school. I will stand there and cry & Andrew will console me. I love the pictures of your kids, they all look so great.

Paige said...

It is so hard to send them off...

Those are precious pictures.

Gerritt and Melissa said...

How's the transition going? I'm sure I'll bawl my eyes out when Abby goes to school! Love those pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Torrie! Finally got around to finding your blog. I'm having a great time reading it. You are such a hoot woman!
Love you! Ginger