Friday, January 2, 2009

10 days to go

so i only have 10 days till this baby is here, and i'm kinda excited if you know what i'm saying!
i had a dr. appt. this morning and they threatened to send me upstairs for monitoring if i couldn't get my blood pressure down. 150 over80. i've never had blood pressure problems so i asked that they take it again in a few min. low and behold i was right. 118/80 something if i remember right.
another funny thing is that she guessed my baby to weigh about 8 pounds! maybe even 8.5! that will be the biggest baby i ever had! especially since i've only gained 13 lbs this time! {don't worry, i had the o.k from my dr to stay in the 10-15 range}.
i'm getting my prego pictures taken sat. -done by one of my best friends, she did them for me when i was pregnant with shilo and i love them!
just a few nights ago as john and i were going to bed i sprung on him that i wanted to change our girls middle name to something shorter. so no i'm not going to tell what the name is, but if anyone has a cool girl name that is one syllable that they would like to share, feel free. that your not going to use! remember my kids names are chastin zaine, and shilo mae, so we can't use anything even close. plus we have decided that we can't use anything with a B- like blu- because 'something blu barnes' doesn't sound good:)
thanks for reading, i'll post pictures soon of our life:)

btw: does anyone else notice that that baby in the side bar is getting really cramped! i did!
hehe!

9 comments:

Bridget and Julio said...

For a girl - Fae, if you want it to go along with Shilo's. Sue, Shae,Pearl, Ann, Sage, Hope, Faith.... If none of these work you can always change the first name to Bridget. Just my opinion...

Paige said...

That's pretty exciting! Less than two weeks! Can't wait to meet the baby. And I give you permission to use my one syllable name. ;)

kelly said...

SO exciting!
i've always love grace and of course there's raye...
it's hard to help without knowing the first name. you can whisper it too me.
:)

Anonymous said...

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS BABY!! So..with that out of the way..
these are some of my picks
Cole
Cort
Cash
Dot
Ivy
Joy
Lia
Mia
Rae
Rio
Sky (love that one)
and Tia

I have a friend who is EXTREMELY proud that his middle name is simply "T"

The Russell Family said...

I was just looking at baby names last night with my gal pal and came across Kai.. sounds like 'hi' but 'ki'. LOL! Sounds good with Barnes but I need to hear the first name to see how it rolls.. tee hee! If you go to www.i-am-pregnant.com they have alot of short names. I always think the boy names sound better on the girls.. I like Skye too and just 'ty' for a girl.. tyler would work too but 1 too many syllables. I hope you post pictures as soon as the baby is born.

Jaime said...

Sorry no suggestions here, it is so difficult to come up with just the right name that suits a baby. A friend of ours didn't even name their kid until it left the hospital. Sad! :(

Anyway good luck with the name game thing. Also, good luck with the delivery, I'm sure it will go smoothly.

Anonymous said...

So excited! I want to know as soon as she/he gets here.

As long as you don't use Grey...you and I still be friends (kidding)...

And Kelly can you whisper to me the secret name if Torrie tells you. I won't tell if you don't! hee hee

Torrie said...

kelly and marie-
you crack me up!
marie- i promise not to take your favorite name, i know you've loved for a long time.

i will say this- i really like the name skye {spelled that way}but it doesn't flow with the first name. {which i'm still not telling}
but two of you came up with the two that are in the running for middle name, and no i'm not telling who the two are!:)which i think is funny that you would think of just the same two! strange don't you think?
i love all the ideas! thanks for your help. i guess we'll all know what his or her name is in 8 days!!!!!

btw: i have had my boys name picked out since chastin was one month old and we heard it at a party. so that was a no brainer.

Audrey said...

I've always like Rose... :) I want that baby to come tommorrow... :)