So just imagine that scene from HITCH where he is allergic to the food and swells up like a puffer fish.
Well that's me.
I have a MRSA staph infection- which they have been treating for 6 days with a mixture of two sulfur based drugs, well it took six days but i finally had an allergic reaction to them. saturday night my skin got spotty like a heat rash that itched. the consulting nurse said to stop the drugs, and come in in the morning if it was worse.
well fine and dandy. can't take anything for the itch, because i'm nursing. cold baking soda bath was about it.
sunday i woke up covered in blotchy red patches, swollen lips and ears and a fever. time to hit the hospital again. joy.
pretty bad when one of the hospital workers recognizes you.
a shot in the hip started the process of relief.
i'm trying to be optimistic but it's tough when the list of problems continues.
so far i've had to deal with-
1 missed staple,
my incision opening,
true getting MRSA,
uterus infection,
me getting MRSA,
one extra week of bed rest,
one more week of no driving,
allergic reaction to drugs that shouldn't be prescribed together under any circumstance.
all i can say is pray for me. the dr said that if my staph infection comes back we will likely do ivs every 12 hours for how ever long. at least it will be gone.
wish me luck, i'm signing out.
7 comments:
I will keep you in my prayers until I hear that you are 100% better. I am sorry that you are so sick. I wish I could do more.
Ugh...there is nothing worse than being itchy but you can't scratch.
That's so awful! I'm sorry you've had so many troubles recovering. I hope this is the last of everything you have to deal with. I'm around the corner when you need me.
I wish you lots of luck & I'm sending prayers & good wishes your way. I've had reactions to sulfa drugs too, and those reactions are nasty. I hope things get cleared up and that you're feeling great in no time.
Holy cow Torrie. You are totally in my prayers. And I understand the itchiness 1110 times over.
What can I do?! Call me.
horrible!!! Im so sorry for all this yuck, we'll be sure to say an extra prayer for True and his mommy tonight , Love you!
I'm so sorry that I didn't know about this sooner! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
torrie, i can't believe i missed this post!
but i was SO happy to talk to you the other day and hear you're doing better.
hang in there. i still think you're doing amazing with what you've been going through!
Post a Comment