Saturday, March 28, 2009

new clothes for an old body

Well True is 10 weeks old and I have been able to wear my old clothes since he was 3 weeks.
Now this is not amazing to me because I wasn't tiny to begin with, and I worked real hard to not gain much weight. I gained 18 pounds and lost another 8 by the time he was 3 weeks. So I thought it was time to get some new shirts because I was able to wear most of my regular clothes {shirts,leggings and skirts} right up till the end.
People have been all a buzz about this H&M store, so we took a little trip down there last night.
Yes it was inexpensive- I bought a zip up hoodie and 4 shirts for about $60 bucks.
Yes it was crazy clothes - some things that I'm sure must have been left over from the 80s.
No it wasn't any Ann Taylor Loft- which really is my all time favorite.
But most of all it was scary in the dressing room. Not because I just had a baby- which is scary all in it's self, but because I felt like I was in the 360* mirror from what not to wear. I couldn't get done fast enough!
And another thing- you must not wear a bra size bigger than say a double D.... because the shirts only go up to size 12, and if you want to actually read any of the words on the shirt your trying on you might need a 14 or 16. But overall, it was o.k. And I came home with a cute shirt that has a big heart made out of words that says True Love, at first I thought it said 'I love True' and that's what made me try it on. So it wasn't bad. I can't complain, I went looking for shirts to cover my ' Oprah' arms as I call them, and I found 5 items to do the job! And all for a good price!

btw- I would post pictures, but my card reader is broken, and I'm waiting for my new one to come in from Ballard Camera. :)

4 comments:

-::bee::- said...

I'll say it again - you're looking fabulous! Keep up the good work!

kelly said...

yep, you look awesome torrie!
can't wait to see what you got.
i heart h&m!!

Jaime said...

Glad you got out to get yourself a few new things, that always makes a gal feel better. Well, not always, but most of the time. I bet you look great.

Anonymous said...

I think "True Love" is totally accurate! I love the description of the shirts and words.hahaha, you are so funny