Friday, October 1, 2010

being domestic

john and i have spent many weekends in a row
canning, making freezer jam and juicing for jelly
lucky to have john, who loves to do this with me! 80 pounds of fresh picked strawberries
50 pounds of yakima peaches
4 pounds of fresh green beans from our garden

skinning the peaches~ i thought they were so pretty

10 pounds of yellow plums
10 pounds of italian plums
juiced to jelly~made in to jam

5 comments:

mindy said...

i am so jealous right now. I really need to learn how to can and make my own juice and jelly. How long will all of that last your family?
You are amazing! (and John too!)

Jaime said...

Good for you! I still need to make my canning post. It really feels great to see all those jars lined up on the shelf, or to hear the "ping" when they seal themselves. Way to go!

Maple said...

Soooooooo jealous of all the produce that is readily available to you. Alaska sucks in that department.

Paige said...

You two are awesome.

Bridget and Julio said...

I LOVE the jam you gave me. I said that it would last the year....but other members of the family have discovered it and decided it was much better than Welchs.