Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pioneer Woman

Cinnamon Rolls are high on Johns list of favorite foods, so this was the first recipe of Pioneer Woman's that I ever made. I received a pan of these from my friend Wendy for Christmas, and I graciously allowed each one of my kids a bite before I all but devoured the warm gooey pan of heaven myself. And I called Wendy right up, told her I simply could not live my life without this recipe and she turned me on to the Pioneer woman.  From there I was sucked into the talent of this woman { she also made me want to fall in love with a cowboy, but that's a whole other post!}

So as of late, I have been making a ton of new dishes! Recently John bought me the Pioneer woman cook book and I was so inspired that I decided to try to cook my way through it. I know, it's been done before, but not by me. And if I have something new to look forward to eating at the end of a long work day, and that's what pushes me to cook for my large brood, so be it.
French Breakfast Puffs were a HUGE hit in this house.
I made them for the daycare kids one Friday morning and when the rest of the family came home they tried them and requested that I make more for them for the weekend. Success! 
 Then I made her Buttermilk Biscuits  to go  with our dinner one night and I couldn't believe how buttery and delicious they were! I was in cooking heaven! If she could make something so simple as a biscuit so fantastic what else could she dream up for me to eat?
Next I tackled her Meatloaf recipe.
O.K, well, it didn't go as well as I had imagined. I thought that my meatloaf was going to come out of the oven with crispy bacon and a tender meatloaf underneath a tangy sauce. Unfortunately that's not how it turned out. My kids liked it, the bacon was kind of on the limp side for John and I so I resorted to putting it under the broiler, but that just chard my sauce and turned the meatloaf black.. I was bummed. But that kind of thing happens sometimes when you try new things, you never know if your taste buds and the authors are going to be the same. So needless to say, this amateur chef would be fine putting this recipe on the self and not trying again, but my kids liked it and therefor I will be making this again.


7 comments:

Jaime said...

For our book club, we passed around this cookbook, and itw as fabulous. I made those french puffs, and they were divine. I hope you keep taking pictures, and posting about your successes, and the not so successful ones. The meatloaf looks good, and I'm sure it must have tasted good too.

Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaime said...

Sorry my blogger went crazy and posted my comment 6 times. Sorry!