Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Disneyland, Day 7

It was a Wednesday, mid week is always best for a visit to Disneyland! 
The game plan was to drop Chastin and Jordan off at Knotts berry farm and head to disney, but knotts opened later than disney so Shilo, True and I all got dropped off in front of Disney and John was to meet up with us in an hour or so.

 Trues first time to Disneyland!
 I remember that Shilo was so excited to push the stroller! Usually a bigger kid does this job, but since she was the bigger kids she got to do it! SO cute!
 We headed right to the saute of Walt and Mickey Mouse 

 It was fun to see Trues face when he went on his first ride!  Buzz lightyear astro blasters was our first ride, he was kinda apprehensive about the dark and the loud, but carried on . He is noise sensitive anyhow so he covered his ears, but quickly discovered how much fun it was to be on the ride, shooting a buzz light year gun! By the end he was screaming "lets do it again!" and later in the day we did and he loved it again! the only difference, was that he didn't cover his ears.
John took the kids on the tea cups while I watched in a "I won't get dizzy and be ill" place

 No one was dizzy, everyone thought it was the greatest fun!
 Here is True after the new Star tours ride. It's  a simulator that makes you feel like you are flying a ship though various Star wars scenes. In 3D! He loved this one too! The boy was meant to ride rides! We started him on the smaller stuff and worked up to the bigger rides. 
 We stopped for  a churro snack.
 They always want these at costco and I always say no~ I guess I wanted to pay 3x as much for one in Disneyland!!


 Gotta get a giant corn dog while in the park.
 True was chosen for the  Jedi training camp. It was so cute! I was soooo glad that I had the flip camera with me so I could record the whole thing! He was pretty worried about fighting Darth Vader, but the training leader  helped him out. he just kinda stood there looking at Vader wondering what on earth  he was supposed to do with this big guy in front of him. The leader was so funny, he told him to "activate his light saber, then cut right, cut left".All the while True just stood in awe. At the end, the Jedi trainer said" good job! Always add a dramatic pause!" then he helped True hit Vaders light saber. The crowd roared with laughter, and John, Shilo and I were all chearing him on! He was just so cute!
Here is True with his Jedi training certificate

 We met mini with her air plane


 Then we moseyed on over to Woody, who he wasn't really sure he liked. He tried to put his big hand on our shoulder but True wasn't having any of that. He just looked at woody like 'what are you thinking?'
 had to ride the merry go round while we waited for Shilo and daddy to be done on California screamin'
kinda lame, but strategically placed for parents who are waiting for people on the big rides. And True liked it, but he hopped off asking for a fun ride:) So we headed to Ariels grotto ride, pretty darn cute if I do say so myself.
 Toy Story mania was a huge hit! Once again fun to watch the kids have fun. Shilo had been on this a year or so ago so she knew it was fun.
 Off to see mater
 Shilo LOVES to hula hoop, she saw some disney people with hula hoops and asked if she could show them all her stuff! She was able to keep going & going & going! They were impressed. She once won a hula hoop contest at school! She can move the hoop from the bottom of her little self all the way up to  her neck, then down her arms! She's so much fun!

 We loved this ride in cars town. You get to ride tractors!
 If you look really close you can see Daddy and Shilo on California screamin'
It was her first time and she loved it!!!
 Had to get a picture with lightning mcqueen {twice}
Tower of terror~ not Trues most favorite, but he did it a few times for us:)
He still talks about not really liking the elevator that drops you up and down as he says.
There was hardly anyone at the parks this day. It was really the most enjoyable day I have ever spent in Disneyland. You could just walk right up to the ride, hardly a wait, walk around with no one in front of you, it was fantastic!

1 comment:

Paige said...

What a lucky time to be there. Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you got to go.