Thursday, October 25, 2012

Down the coast, Day 6

 The night before we left for Anaheim, we ate at a FABULOUS hole in the wall Mexican place!
And ever since then, we talk highly of the local grub. The food was HUGE! and really cheap. The owner was working and he was a super sweet older man. The place had a drive through and was open 24 hrs! That's crazy! And that's how good it was! Shilo ordered a chimichanga that was to die for good! Home made refried beans...mmmm
We hit Aliso beach on our drive.

 I don't know if you can tell, but these were some serious waves. John is a fantastic swimmer and he was a little nervous about the size of these. Chastin and Jordan couldn't wait to get slammed around for a while! One of the really nice things about  California beaches is that there are life guards on every beach, every so many feet. it was fun to watch, and really hard to keep the two little ones out of the water.
This was more of a rocky beach, but boy was it beautiful!
Some of the houses were crazy! This one has an observatory hanging from the basement of it. Great views I would suppose.
It was peaceful and really warm and pretty. There were a few young men who were out skim boarding~that was fun to watch. When I picture vacation, this is the picture that comes to mind. Exactly how I would describe the perfect family vacation. Walking in the sun on a beautiful beach with  my family. Having a very peaceful time. Actually relaxing. No agenda. No rush. No schedule. 
Perfect.
We made it to our condo by night fall and headed right to bed for an early morning wake up time for Disneyland!!!
This was our master, really pretty design, we were right by one of the pools so Shilo spent A LOT of time standing on the lani  wishing she could be swimming. Pretty much every spare moment. Which really there weren't a ton of because this was the busy leg of our trip.
John's checking out the local tour guide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That beach looks so fun and peaceful. California is a place I would love to visit sometime.

I love all of the color in the condo you stayed at.