We found this great little deli around the corner form our hotel. I was in LOVE! I got the
same thing each time we went. Sliced feta, cucumbers, tomato, greek olives. Yumo! I could never finish it, but it was so cheap {everything is really expensive in the Bahamas} it didn't matter if I threw 1/2 away!
I have a love affair with steel drums..
This sweet man thought it would be a good idea for me to 'play' with him. I have NO musical talent
what. so. ever!
I'm all "What? Are you crazy???"
O.K he's talked me into it. Bad idea for his tips:)
He was patient, thank goodness!
He'll make more money without me 'helping' him though!
We ate at the fish fry last time, not that great. But the colors of the buildings are super cool! Everything is every Caribbean and colorful.
The police station is even friendly looking.
We walked down from the hotel to the public beach called Junkanoo.
This sweet mom was nursing her infant on the side of the wall while her other children played with their father. This moment was just so sweet to me.It sums up the feeling of the island to me.
The cruise ships change daily out at the harbor and at night I found it quite peaceful to listen to them change from being docked to sailing away to their new port. I've been on a cruise to the Bahamas before, but I found that for me, I like to explore the country and people and on a ship you only experience the port.
The dream in my heart of my happiest place looks just like this.
John once said that the Bahamas is where my heart belongs. I feel so at home there. Like I was meant to be there.
So when I'm lost, I close my eyes and send myself here.
And then I'm happy.
Sweet man on the side of the road selling coconuts he's chopped in half for you to drink the milk. He called me over try one, but I kindly declined. {it's not my favorite..}
Junkanoo beach is covered in beautiful white coral. John found a really large piece that sits on top of our piano now. It's a sweet reminder of our trip.
We never see pay phones anymore!
Lots of these guys running around.
For one of the proms a small band played. They were so good! And just look at that little guy!
There wasn't an ugly dress in sight
LOVED his outfit!!!! totally rocked the converse and white jeans! I wasn't expecting any boys to show up in anything but a dark suit, but that would be WAY to hot here.
This young man was playing out a Cinderella scene. John told him he got his vote! So creative! I was in love with this idea.
After the arrivals we walked over to The Hard Rock, this was actually a really good burger! We were going to share but I was full after 1/2 of my burger. John was on his own:)
LOOK! We're together!
After dinner we headed back to lay on beach chairs, watch the ships and listen to the sound of the waves.
Another great day in the Bahamas!
{a man who lives here told me there are no bad days in the Bahamas. I think he's right}























No comments:
Post a Comment