Sunday, July 8, 2007

SPONTANEOUS WEEKEND

Friday Night Comes Around.




5:30 wife started to think up a plan




"Why don't we get out of town tonight?" wife says to husband over the phone




' What has she got cooked up?' he must think...{ yet knows better than to argue with wife}




"I know! Silverwood in Idaho!"




"I'll call and get a hotel, pack the stuff and we'll keep it a secret!" wife says with enthusiasm




"It's a plan! I'll head home now and we can leave when you get off work at 6:30" husband rushes home




Wife sends kids to grandma and grandpas house across the street, to secretly put bags in the car.




PLAN WORKS!




Kids have no idea, they think mom wants to go for a drive and are overjoyed at the fact that they get to watch a movie for the ride.




12:30 comes around, family pulls into hotel in Spokane , two kids are asleep in the back




8:30am Saturday morning rolls around- kids want to swim at hotel, mom wants to keep driving, kids pout




10:30 family passes by small water slide park, kids want to stop and play- mom says no, she wants to keep driving, kids cry, they think they are in Chelan




Kids get over it and continue to watch the movie




Family drives up to Silverwood parking lot




Mom takes pictures of excited kids!
































Kids have a Great Time!















Parents have a Great time!



Everyone is Happy!

















Everyone is tuckered out...
What a GREAT weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST BLOG EVER!!! I want to hear more about this one...what a great tricky plan!

mindy said...

Oh, your lucky, lucky children. You are the funnest, most spontaneous girl I know and I hope your children know how blessed they are to have you for a mom.

kelly said...

sounds like a blast!
i wish i could be spontaneous like you. very lucky kids...

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great weekend! I need to be more spontaneous!

Jaime said...

What a great surprise! Looks like fun was had by all.

Paige said...

Great idea! I'm glad it worked out. Maybe next time we can follow you there.

Anonymous said...

Torrie,

I have been looking at the cute pictures of Paige's new baby and discovered your blog. What great summer adventures and wonderful pictures of happy kids! We miss you.

Jackie