Friday, September 28, 2007

Noticing

Did you ever wonder when your husband really started to know you?
The other day this was made so very clear to me.
It went a little something like this...

We get in the truck- just the two of us, he says "oh here, I found this for you the other day" my face in puzzlement. When did he notice that I like 'wishing rocks' you know the ones, the rocks with all those continuous lines all around them...
That was not the end of his observations- next came a comment I never would have thought he knew about me.
" I just came back from Fred Meyer and all of their Sketchers are on sale- 25% off, thought you might want to know" as I stopped in my tracks, amazed that he would not only notice this sale, but remember to tell me when he got home, I once again wondered- when had he started to notice that fact about me?
I guess these things happen when you have been with a person for almost a decade.
When we fist met I wore Sketcher boots to work in the salon all day. So maybe he noticed then, maybe it was when Famous Footwear had their buy one get one half off and I came home with two new pairs of Sketchers.
Maybe in all the beach combing on the coast we have done together has made him take notice that I am always looking for that perfect 'wishing rock' to wish all my life dreams on, to rub in my hands and think of all the dreams I made on wishing rocks when I was a kid.
Maybe,...
Maybe he is just listening to me, really listening.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my very favoritest blog ever. I can't tell you how sweet this is - Im so so glad you shared it.

Anonymous said...

Who is this guy, he sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

hey...is anonymous's real name John, by chance??

Torrie said...

How did you guess?
You had it figured out before me!

Anonymous said...

I think it was the anonymous that tipped me off :)

kelly said...

what a great guy!
sounds like he really gets you.

Paige said...

That was sweet.

Jaime said...

Such a sweet sentiment. Sounds like a good guy.