Salsa
MMM, the word brings to mind yummy food, sweating brow and a really good recipe!
My girlfriend Yvette taught me how to make this many years ago;
The great part is that she is right next door, so when it isn't 'just right' I call her over for some good ol' fashion mexican cooking lessons! {next on the menu- how to make homemade refried beans..}
Anyway, as I was having an after school snack of baked tortilla chips and homemade salsa with the kids, I thought of how grateful I am to have Yvette's recipe to share with my family, and then I thought- maybe one of my friends would want to make salsa some time.
Once you've made your own, you'll never go back to store bought! I guarantee it doesn't taste as good as your own!
As a side note: pick jalapenos that look like they have little brown cracks on them, they are the spicy ones!
Also I use the Tupperware salsa maker, but if you don't have one you could just chop everything really fine, or use a chopper.
Salsa
1/4 an onion
1 jalapeno
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 lime
about 1 tbs salt
Roma tomatoes
chop first three first, then add the rest and spin with the salsa maker or chop all together.
Enjoy!
Let me know if you try it and what you think!
4 comments:
I'm trying it! I LOVE SALSA! Thanks for sharing friend!
We ate chips and salsa all the time growing up. Sounds yummy but Sommer won't tolerate it right now.
Yum, I'll have to try it. thanks for the recipe.
I'll definitely give this a shot- I'll put my sis in laws recipe for pico de gallo next. Do you think this recipe would be just as good minus the jalepeno? I know wimpy but just wondering.
Post a Comment