Friday, February 20, 2009

5 weeks in

So True is 5 weeks {Wow how time flies!!!}
and as you might guess I am really tired
yet REALLY happy!
I've waited for this little man for a few years
and I am really glad he is here

So Alex has my card reader so I can't upload any new pictures, but I didn't want you all to think I had fallen off the face of the earth.

Kelly had a beautiful over the top shower for True and me on Saturday and I wanted to thank everyone who came. Some of you drove from really far away to meet True and show us your love. I came home with 10 big packs of diapers! Some really cute outfits, a cute book and a picture frame with True's picture already in it! Kelly made me a diaper cake that I still have sitting on a cake stand in my living room, she also gave me his name in block letters that I have displayed in my living room. She decorated so much, it was crazy cute! All Valentines Day- to celebrate TRUE love, how perfect was that! I'll post pictures as soon as possible. { who really knows how long that will be with a new born} I have however been writing in my journal every chance I get. I am hoping not to miss a single detail of this time.
I have been reassured many times over the last few weeks that people love me, and I should listen to those wise ones. I was 'crying' to John the night before my shower that maybe all of Kelly's work would be in vain, that maybe no would would show up for my shower... but as the shower rolled on more and more friends and family showed up, and the friends that were already there said 'see how many people love you', so shame on me for doubting. My apologies.
So many friends have been so helpful to me and my family, and not only helpful, but friendly.
Knowing that I can't drive for another 2 weeks, friends have taken me to the mall to walk around and pick up some things I needed. Friends and family have picked me up lunch, diet cokes, brought me lunch to sit and share with them, taken my kids to do all sorts of fun activities, held my baby so I could fold laundry & shower, let me come sit at their house so I can just get out for a little while, called me to chat and see how I was. Thank you to all of you. You have taught me to be more compassionate. I have learned that I need to help my friends more when they have just had a baby, more than just bringing dinner.
So anyhow, True smiles now when we click our tongue at him- it is super cute.
He knows the difference between day and night, {more so when to sleep},
and loves to sleep on anyone who will hold him. {he's sleeping on daddy right now}
He is such a joy to have in our family, and the kids are always asking to hold him. I love that they love him that much. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

p.s- does anyone have a sling i can borrow? i go back to work tuesday and think it would be helpful for some nursing times.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Everyone loves you and that new baby! It was a lovely occasion, I'm glad you got all those diapers. I wonder how long they'll last?

Jaime said...

I'm so gald your shower was so great. Kelly is very good at throwing a party. I wish I lived up there to help you, but I'm glad you have had a great support. Having a new baby is hard enough as it is, so I'm thankful you have had some good friends, and family chip in to help. Take care, and I can't wait to see some updated pictures of your handsome little boy.

Janetta said...

I have a wrap I never used because I don't know how! I'll bring it over to you and you can check it out. There's a website that shows you how to wrap it that I didn't look up. Loved the shower...and YES, Kelly was an amazing hostess! What a sweet little man you have!

Janetta said...

Okay Torrie, me again. My other comment was not very helpful, so now I know what it is...mobywraps.com. How about you check it out and then let me know if you want it? Talk to you soon!

kelly said...

what a great day to celebrate your true love!
you are a supermom!
even on the days you stay in your jammies all day...