Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, Monday

Do you ever feel defeated?
I sat in the sun to do something for myself and got burned-
didn't get to eat dinner-
thought my husband was cool enough to be invited somewhere fun but wasn't I guess- my feeling are hurt, not his.
thought I was cool enough to be invited somewhere but wasn't-
cried in Costco because my 4 month thought it poor judgement to be shopping during his morning nap. he was right, it was a bad idea on my part. a nice lady helped me- this made me cry more.
my house is a mess because I had to let my cleaning lady go-
because i lost my job....
to top it all off i yelled at my daughter tonight because she wouldn't stay in bed. { i don't yell}
i feel just terrible about it. so i think i will teach her to make Italian sodas tomorrow. they are her favorite drink.
I'm sure this will all look better after some sleep. if i can sleep.
who knows.
and i just have to add - i miss my friend Mindy.

9 comments:

Platteborze Possy said...

Aren't Monday's the worst?!!! I'm so sorry Torrie! Days like those can really bring a person down, but I know it won't bring you down for long because you are one amazing mom and person!!! I love you!

mindy said...

Mindy Colasurdo...that Mindy...Me?Even if it's not me, I want you to know that I miss you too. I am sorry to hear about your job and I totally know how you feel to not be invited to something that sounds fun. Grrr!
Sometimes life just sucks, and it's weird how often it happens on Monday. However, I too believe that tomorrow will always be better. I wish you a fabulous Tuesday.
Love ya!

Torrie said...

yes you mindy!

and thanks you two for your positive thinking!

although it was 11:30 by the time shilo went to sleep and true woke up 4 times in 6 hours and shilo got up at 6:40 this morning, i'm sure today will be better- because i'm going to make it be!
and it's 70* already!!!!

Jaime said...

Sorry yesterday was such a bad day. I hope today is brighter & happier.

p.s. I can relate to hurt feelings by not being invited somewhere or to something. It can really hurt. If I lived up there, I'd go somewhere with you. :)

Anonymous said...

I miss Mindy, and Torrie. Sorry friend...

I hope today was much, much better.

Paige said...

I'm sorry. I'm sure I'm to blame for part of your defeated Monday. I hope your Tuesday was better and I hope that we're still friends.

kelly said...

sorry you're sad friend.
love u.

Unknown said...

Big hugs Torrie. I wish I could help. If it helps...I never get invited to the cool girls things either :) But then I'm old so I don't really expect it.

Love you tons---hope you know that.

-::bee::- said...

I think the universe was conspiring against us on that day - I had a horrible breakdown once I got from work and just sobbed and sobbed. So I know how you feel. I hope it all turned around for you. An italian soda can do that for a person, you know!