Just getting to the zoo, so excited! I grew up going to the San Diego zoo, so I knew what to expect, but my kids had no idea how cool this was going to be! And so much different than our zoo at home.
We first took the double decker bus tour. We sat on the top and had such a wonderful view of all the animals. The narrator stopped when the animals where out and we got to hear all about them and watch them in their environment. It was soooo cool!
And so HOT! Something like 95 degrees. Needless to say, I was in heaven!
True chillin' on the bus.
Shilo was thrilled with being able to actually SEE all the animals.
Shilos favorite animal. Glad she got to see this one up close.
Funniest thing we saw all day! This poor brown bear was trying to stay cool pressing himself against a boulder:)
Baby giraffes! Why is everything baby so cute? I learned that they fall from their mommies tummies to the ground during birth to cut the umbilical cord. Yikes!
This ape was going crazy with excitement for all the people!
He and True had a good talk...
Monkeys are so funny! So fun to watch.
My happy girl
The animals are so active at this zoo. We hardly missed anything due to not being able to see.
Camels. Camels people. At the Zoo!! So cool, but so smelly..
I love this capture
They have these big sculptures all over the park~ unfortunately, when it's 90+ outside, the sculptures are HOT!
This zoo is really in to conservation, which I love!
When I was a kid, you could ride an Elephant! Was kinda hoping you could still do so.
They have some of the coolest birds ever!
My cute boys
Chillin' some feet need a rest
The zoo is HUGE! So big you can take a bus from one part to another, they actually have bus stops and everything!
The kids favorite treat!
My poor kids are probably tired of me & my camera in their face documenting every moment:)
{you can tell from Chastins fake smile}
The zebras are white with black stripes, the zoo keeper said their skin is actually white. See, you learn something new every day.
My favorite part! The flamingos.
I love the color of flamingos.
They just bring me peace looking at them.
I have vivid and wonderful memories of standing quietly watching the flamingos with my mom when I was Shilos age. I have pictures of my mom and I standing in front of the flamingos trying to see how long we can balance on one leg. This moment in time meant more than words can explain. I was fulfilling a dream of mine at this very moment. To share something so close to my heart with my children, was so special to me.
All the hard work, the saving, the waiting, was all worth it.
I'm glad they had as much fun as I remember having here.





























1 comment:
How neat that you got to relive your childhood. That looks like a fun zoo to be at and I'm sure your kids will never forget going there.
Post a Comment