Thursday, July 31, 2008

the when list

you know i could die tomorrow and i will have spent too much of my life saying "when"...

when i get caught up on my scrapbooks
when i finish painting the kitchen
when my step kids turn 18 {i am truly embarrassed to admit to this one}
when i'm 30 i'll have finished.......
when i lose all this weight
when the girls move downstairs
when i get caught up on all the books i've said i'll read
when we change the second story loft to a full story...
when i finish all my projects i'll be more organized

too many whens to count
does anyone else do this?
please say i'm not alone....:)

not pretty thoughts but true, just a few of the things keeping me up tonight

6 comments:

Gerritt and Melissa said...

I'm totally the same way......And I'm still up too. Trying to be okay with everything not the way you'd like it to be is hard. I'm trying to be better about it.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...this is so funny!! I keep thinking that maybe I'll just do all that stuff when Im old and bored but I just can't seem to imagine being old and bored either!
I LOVED all your comments on my blog!! I LOVE YOU!
As for the homeschooling thing- we went into it thinking that it could very well be a temporary thing..it was done just to get Mallory away from her teacher AND to give her a little more time to grow up some (she was having lots of social issues) For a long time I thought she just needed more time in social situations but I was noticing that the longer she spent in situations that she was overwhelmed by, the worse she got. She seems to have grown leaps and bounds tho in the last 6 months and I feel like she's really prepared now to go back to school. She REALLY wants to go back too!

kelly said...

i think we all have struggles with this. one of those faith testers...

president monson had a great talk regarding this at conference:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=f3677e6832ce8110VgnVCM100000176f620a____

love u!

Bridget and Julio said...

Your blog is so true! I have a whole list of "Someday's" - and I just think of my mom, who didn't get her house the way she wanted it until all the kids were long gone. She also didn't travel until we were gone. I am not sure if I can be that patient.

Jaime said...

I do this too. You aren't alone. It's especially a long list when you have just moved to a new city.

Quists said...

Hi girlie! How are you doing? How is Seattle treating you!? I check your blog every now and again for the updates/pictures. It sounds like you are doing well. I felt the exact same way as you with the "whens." I think we all just need to live in the "now" and enjoy life more than we do. Cody and I keep saying that we'll wake up tomorrow and be 40 already and wonder where the time went.