Tuesday, March 13, 2007

6 of my favorite things

I feel like I have already done a favorite things page about my treasures but this is a little different, so I'll give it a try. Paige said we should both do it and then Kelly tagged me so here goes. (and I'm not stating the obvious like my husband and kids)




  • The Bahamas would make it on this short list of mine. I've been there a couple of times and I'm in love! The people are amazing, the atmosphere is majestic and the food divine! There's not much to do but lay on the beach in the warm sun and snorkel. The fish come and run into your legs and nibble at your swimsuit - it's unlike any other place I've ever been!

  • Milk glass!!! One of my favorites for sure. I'm always on the look out for pieces I don't have or have never seen before. The thrill is in the hunt for me; Hobnail is my all time favorite, you see lots of vases in this design, so when you come across a fruit bowl or cake stand, it's the ultimate high...

  • Good food. I'm not picky. If I don't have to clean it up, I am all for it! I take true enjoyment in a good plate of food. Sad, I know, but true. I like anything from a classic Dicks burger to a night out at The Met. I'm always up for Birthday cake sundae at The Cold stone creamery.MMMM...

  • My new Cannon Rebel XTi. This baby takes super fast shots, previews your pictures in black & white, color or sepia, has a wide variety of lenses, flashes and a hole heap of other features I have yet to learn.

  • A great Rummage sale, junk sale or the like. I enjoy the hunt for old things to be given new life. One of my favorites has to be the one put on by The Farm Chicks, in a little town near Spokane where sellers and buyers alike come from all over the place, set up, and make bargains like crazy!

  • Magazines!!!!

  • And last but not least - my garden. In all stages, from tilling to planting to endless watering. The best part is obviously the bounty. There is nothing like fresh picked strawberries and raspberries for dessert. Or the look on someones face when you give them a paper bag filled with fresh veggies and a basket of apples. I really love my hands in the dirt. The time spent growing, picking and weeding with my four kids is so much fun, it gives me a little one on one time with each of them. We plant every thing we need to make fresh salsa ( that my Hispanic neighbor taught us to make), pumpkins for Halloween, and beets for my mom in law and sugar snap peas to eat while waiting for dinner on the BBQ to be done. One day my husband and I will own our own piece of heaven in Montana where I will have acres of fruit trees, endless rows of veggies and chickens for fresh eggs. I guess I am a country girl at heart.

  • And there you have it - a few of my favorite things. ( 7 to be exact) So now I will tag my friend Rebecca to share a few of her favorite things.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

if only I can figure out this whole blogging thing then I will maybe make a list anywhere near as good as yours! I can't wait to find out what milkglass is now. I totally thought you were going to talk about how you only like to drink milk in a glass or something. I truly have never heard of it. here I go , google searching it now!

Anonymous said...

oh yah- how do I get on your list of friends...Im a friend right?? :)

Torrie said...

you crack me up! i'll add you to my friends list right now!!!

kelly said...

love your list!
i too love dicks drive-in, rummage sales, and cold stone!
my list keeps getting longer...

Paige said...

Someday you'll have to take me with you to visit the farm chicks place.

mindy said...

I really enjoyed reading your list and learning some new things about you. I am totally with you on the magazine one. I have recently become a bit of a magazine junkie. Especially the ones that are full of decorating ideas.
Thanks for sharing.
Miss ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved your list Torrie! I too enjoy a great magazine, and a trip to Dicks. I love listing these things, because I feel like I know people better! Hope I get to see you soon!