Friday, March 23, 2007

Easter Memories

Isn't it funny how little kids can remember the strangest things from a long time ago? As I was getting Shilo Mae into bed she asked how long till Easter would be here. I told her a couple of weeks, and out of the blue she said "what color eggs do I get this year? I can't wait to go finding them!' Now in our house each child gets their own color of egg to find. we started this a couple years ago to level the playing field for the little kids. When you have four kids things need to be even, so each child is assigned a color, then we fill them equally with candy, little erasers, stickers and of course some money.
Lately one of my nanny kids has been bringing an Easter basket with pretend strawberries for me to hide and him and Shilo to find. Boy do they ever get a kick out of it! It's so much fun to watch them scramble around the living room laughing and yelling to each other that they "found another one!"So any way, back to Shilo and the eggs - Figuring that she wouldn't remember I asked her what color she had last year and she said " mmm" with a finger to her lip " I had pink! This time can I have purple like my room?" Well, I can barley remember what month it is never mind the color of egg I was filling at midnight the night before Easter Sunday for each kid, so I told her I'm sure she is right and that she can certainly have purple this year! She is such a cutie that I just feel so blessed that heavenly father chose me to be her mother. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cool story! She's such a fun girl..I'm glad you have her too!

kelly said...

what is it that's so fun about hunting for eggs?
and when we were kids the eggs were just eggs. nothing hidden inside. but we still loved it!