Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day Dads!

I read this Dad stats article in the paper this morning and thought it was cute!

  • Seattle area fathers with children younger than 18: 290,144
  • Seattle-area households where dad is Mr.Mom: 14,077
  • Local dads who subscribe to premium channels: 20%
  • Who sew or do crafts: 60,000
  • Who've had cosmetic surgery in the past year: 2,700
  • Who've been to McDonald's in the past month: 51%
  • Who belong to a gym: 156,000
  • Who camp: 44%
  • Who commute to work more than an hour each way: 56,000
  • Who read the daily news paper:47%
  • Who practice yoga or Pilates: 35,000
  • Who drive an SUV: 38%
  • Who text message from their cell phones: 150,000
  • Young children in the U.S who eat breakfast with their live-in father every day: 30%
  • Who eat dinner with their dads: 64%
  • First Father's Day, founded by a woman who lived in Spokane: 1910

Friends, share this list with your husbands, and see which ones of these he does. Then share with us!

The Barnes kiddos would like to say "thanks dad", for all you do for us!

We are really glad to have you as our dad!

Happy Fathers Day!

We love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats adorable! I'll have to have Ryan look at this and see what he thinks! I read some of it out loud, like the fact that 60,000 of the men do crafts and he yelled, "they do crack??!!"
haha

Anonymous said...

That is SO cute! I love it!

OK, so when am I gonna see you? Thanks for posting on the 100 day challenge! I love what your goal was, because I should have made that one mine too. I always tell people "I'm too tired!" You inspired me to try to not say it so much...even if its true!! XOXO

kelly said...

wow, that's a lot of crack...
um crafts.
happy fathers day to john,
he's a great dad and hubby!

Unknown said...

Lance does qualifies for about seven of those things!

Sounds like you're doing well, take care!