Saturday, June 30, 2007

My crazy kids


~All four of our kids have such different personalities~
If you look, you can see just how different they are.
~Alex~ our oldest, 13 - he likes to be different than others, yet wants to be sure he isn't too different. He had his face painted as Shrek. He still enjoys acting like a young kid, ie- watch Saturday morning cartoons, Disney movies and playing games. But he feels like he needs to be 'older' and do 'grown up things', such as watch real people movies, order off the 'grown up' menu and have soda with dinner. Little does he know that we would trade being a 'real grown up' just about any time with him. So any how, him getting his face painted as Shrek was of no surprise to me, as I was glad to see a little piece of our little boy emerge, even if it was just for a few hours. I'm glad that he is sure enough of himself to get his face made up, and choose something that makes him happy.
~Shilo~ She is our 'baby' for now at 3, I love that she chose to have her face painted as one of her favorite animals- a kitty. I thought that she really did look like a cat! She LOVES all sorts of cats- tigers, cheetahs, leopards but her most favorite of all is a lion! She would love to have her face painted every day as a cat of some sort if I was talented in any way at face painting. She will prance around for hours in different lion and kitty costumes we have around the house, and then stay in the outfits and pretend she is the mommy lion to all her toy animals. I love that she has such a great imagination!
~Chastin~is our 7 year old little angel. It was a little surprising to me that he wanted to have his face painted, because he tends to be a little shy and not want to draw attention to himself. He loves Star Wars! He can often be found on our trampoline in the back playing light saber fights with Shilo or dressing up as Darth Vader. So for him to get made up as something kind of unrealistic and sort of scary, was right on the money! When Chastin entered Kindergarten he learned how to group things into tens, so one day he comes home from school and goes right to his room to start grouping his Star Wars guys into tens; a little while later, he emerges with the count at 163 guys! Well I thought that couldn't possibly be right! How could he have that many? ( I wondered if they even made that many- they do.) So any how, he too loves when he gets his face painted and is always reluctant to have it washed off before bed.
~Jordan~our almost 12 year old, two days left of being eleven. Her choice of face decoration describes her perfectly! Nothing really consistent, just a bunch of random pictures to show her creative side. The girl is talented, anything she really tries comes out well. She is a beautiful writer, can draw pretty well, and always has some creative project in mind to do. She likes things a little different than the other girls her age, which would be why she chose the spider web, she is an animal lover at heart, which would be the reason for the penguin. The only thing about Jordan's choice of pictures that surprised me was that there are no bright colors, she always has some new idea of how we should paint her room. Sometimes these ideas include glow in the dark paint or random stripes all over the walls and sometimes she wants some type of nature mural on the walls. Her new favorite word is random, so guess everything on her face was a sign of that...She was the only child that kept going back for more little 'random touches', as she called them.
That's all, I just wanted to share a little about my kids, because I just think they're great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat picture and description of your childrens personalities! I love it...thanks for sharing this! I feel like I know them!

Paige said...

That was great Torrie. So nice to know more about your kids. And don't you love them even more after writing it? You have a sweet family.

kelly said...

cool picture!
i love your kids torrie,
and their parents...

Anonymous said...

if you had just posted this as being a cute pic of something fun you did, it would still be an adorable picture but the fact that you included an explanation for each makes the picture so much more meaningful. I have to say that my favorite is the kitty (you're right shilo- you look exactly like a kitty!) but now that I love the blog and everything...where did you go to get all of the painting done? So cute!!

Torrie said...

We went to izzys pizza in everett, on tuesday nights they have kids eat free, and face painting and balloon animals. the kids totaly dig it! thanks for all the cool comments about my kids (and their parents). hope everyone has a good 4th!