the 12 days of christmas
Our family has been chosen by someone to have the 12 days of Christmas delivered right to our door step!Someone who knows us and loves us has decided to spoil us! And we are loving every moment of it!!!So I want to share our fun.Now that we are on the 3rd day, we are starting to watch out for our secret giver. It has already brought much joy to our family, and we all gather around and read the cute notes, and see who can get to the door first so we can be the one to read the note and see what it was that was left!
Tonight I told the kids it was time for bed, and they all whined that the secret giver hadn't come yet and they wouldn't be awake to see what came. Well our friend must have know, because moments after that the door bell rang and all the kids sprang for the door! It was so cute to see them all so happy...and share an interest. This secret friend must truly be a friend. My bet is that they know that we have hit some rough spots in the last few months and wanted to brighten our spirits. It brings tears to my eyes even now as I write this to know that someone thought so much of my family to put so much time, effort and thought into creating a special memory for us....they have now ventured out in the cold the first night, the snow the second night, and the ice the third night. I don't know who they are but I am deeply grateful for the love they are showing us. Thank you. And we look forward to sharing what comes tomorrow:)I wish I had taken a picture of the first day, but I just didn't think of it.Day 1- 2 Cans of pears from a Partridges treeDay 2 -A turtle filled with doves {sorry the other waddled away} bag of dove candies in the turtles back! way too creative for me.Day 3- Three hens...{well at least their legs} and alittle bit of French to go with them!!!! a pack of chicken legs
with a bottle of French's mustardSorry the pictures are side ways- it's just that I'm 8 months pregnant, don't have much patience, and have a huge list of other things to do besides play with my pictures:)
No comments:
Post a Comment