Johns office party was at Bucas {again} this year. Bruce always asked me where we should go and I always said Bucas, so that's where we go. And it is so much fun! This year we were given different foam houses at each table, and who evers looked most like the picture {which we didn't have} won tickets for a drawing at the end of the night. Bruce gave away all sorts of $50 gift cards, and the grand finale was a TomTom! Wish I had won that!
We played Bingo where we had to go around the room and get funny things signed off like- likes anchovies, has 2 piercings, wearing heels { I signed a few of those squares}. It was fun to mingle with people I only see 1/2 a dozen times a year.
My husband won the BEST prize of all- Employee Of The Year!!!!! I am so proud of him! The boss read his nominations before announcing who it was, and I was clueless! I was more shocked than he was! I am so proud of him! I keep telling his family " I'm married to the Employee of the Year!"
He turned a nice bright shade of red when they said his name.
It was such a nice night out! I got to get all dressed up, have the kids {for the most part} spending the night somewhere else, and have one last evening of freedom before this little baby of ours gets here.
Each table got a metal brain puzzle to do. That wasn't as much fun for me as the foam houses, which thanks to my job, I've done many times, and we won.
Then came the food. Back when it was Bruce, John, Beth and Ed starting the company, Bruce had each woman order a dish. But now that they have 20 employees he ordered the same 4 main dishes for each of the 6 tables. It was so good, calamari, two kinds of salad, cheesy bread, lasagna, fettuccine Alfredo, chicken Parmesan, pesto salmon! Oh, and Bucas boxed up leftovers for each person to take home. I brought home a box of raspberry cheesecake and chocolate cake, which I ate for breakfast the next day!
I hope all of my friends get to go to office parties with their husbands and enjoy a night out, to enjoy each others company, the spirit of the holiday, and a good ol' time!
Here's a few pictures from ours!
Oh and my Favorite part was Bruce thanking all of us spouses for being so supportive. I turned to John and said I felt kinda bad for chewing him out for going to work on the up coming Sunday...Ooops!
6 comments:
congrats john!!
what a great night!
and you two look smashing...
Employee of the year! How cool...and I second Kelly's "smashing!!"
Right on!! That must be quite nice to be the wife of such an illustrious man of industry! I love the pictures and I especially loved how I could hear your voice thru almost the entire thing! :) So..are you having a baby shower? Did you already have it?
rebecca-
no baby shower for us till i bring home the baby.
i'm sure everyone understands.
but we'll be having an open house diaper party after we get home from the hospital, that should be more fun anyway. you all can hold him/her!
say you'll make the drive?!:) please....
miss you tons!
That sounds like a lot of fun. What a good man you're married to! But we knew that already. That is a great office party, I'd look forward to that one.
Oh how fun. Congratulations John, that is awesome. I wish I could have gone with my hubby to his holiday night out, but we had a sick little boy, so home is where I needed to be. Thankfully he came home right after dinner & told me how boring it was.
Post a Comment