Monday, December 22, 2008

Caught in the act

If our secret giver is a blog reader I wanted to tell you that I DID see you! But not really! Without my glasses I saw you- and without them I can't see past the nose on the end of my FACE! You were so brave to still run it up to the door not knowing if we were watching. I screamed and giggled with delight like a little child, which made all 4 of my 'should be asleep at 11pm children' come running! I screamed at them to look the other way! Turn off the lights! No peeking out the bedroom windows! No looking what so ever!!!!!! And that's no easy task when your husband is just as bad as them! If you have ever done the 12 days of Christmas for a family you know that 1/2 the fun is not getting caught! And as much as I would really like to know and thank them, I know that that takes some joy from them, so we will just always wonder. But I do want to say THANKS! This has been fun! And we will all be sad when it's over.

On another note- on day 7 my secret friend gave to me ...
Seven swans a swimming in superb 7 -up! 7 origami swans tied to cherry 7-up.
Well once again it was late and all the kids had gone to bed, the dogs were barking and we were kinda keeping an eye out for our gift to arrive on the porch. I went upstairs to wrap presents, dogs were still barking, our neighbors were out at their car packing for a trip, so we just assumed that's what was causing them to go crazy.
I look out the window again and I see my neighbor outside walking back and forth in front of our house looking at the porch, he waves me out. I call to John who was downstairs to go with me.
We open the front door and there it was! Our day 7! I scoop it up in delight and say " it came!" and show it to John. { i think i might be even more excited than the kids!} The neighbor and his brother are asking what it is. I am so excited- reading the package and all, and talking over them, trying to explain the 12 days of Christmas to my Jehovah Witness neighbors that I barely heard him say he thought it was A GAS BOMB! What? I look up in surprise! A gas bomb I laugh! It's cherry 7 up!!!! He explains that he saw the 'guys' running away, saw something red in a bottle on our porch and thought 'well that's not right!' so he came to tell me!!!! I am still cracking up over that!!!!! A GAS BOMB!!!! hahahahahah!!!!!!
Oh that's funny!!!!!!!!
Well anyway John was asking who it was- what did they look like? The three guys start to talk and I yell over them and shake my head and tell them not to tell. WE don't want to know! Even if John thinks he wants to know.

What I do know is that they have inspired me to bring joy to another family. Although I might not be as creative as they are....

Goodnight.


P.S- I don't think our secret friend thought it would be so hard to 12 days of Christmas us.
1st of all we don't go to bed till really late
2nd my in laws live across the street and have their curtains open till the wee hours of morning
3rd there are 6 people who live here, someone is almost always in the living room
and 4th I NEVER close the curtains when it's Christmas time- all of our lights look so pretty, teenagers are less likely to mount my buck on my doe when the curtains are open, and the snow looks so pretty,
which leads me to # 5- it's freaking icy out there! I bet they never thought they would have a hard time getting to the door, let alone our street!
They are doing a great job with all of these things working against them!

8 comments:

setalam said...

What great fun, both for your family and your secret giver! I did this for a teacher in 4th grade (though not so cleverly) and had a blast. Your poor reindeer, who'd have thought they'd be in danger ;-)

Anonymous said...

I still don't know who did our 12 days of Christmas when we lived there but it was one of the best Christmas's simply BECAUSE of them!! I loved reading about your screaming and the gas bomb( haha!!) Someone must really love you guys!

Jaime said...

I've been wanting to do the 12 days for someone for a long time. Actually it's a dream of Andrew & I's to do that for a family one year. Maybe next year will be our year to do it for someone.

It is exciting, so keep enjoying it. Surprises are always a delight, especially at the holidays.

Paige said...

That's so good of you to not try to find out. Those secret santas are going through a lot to keep secret from you!

And that is crazy that he thought it was a gas bomb. At least they're looking out for you.

The Russell Family said...

I love secret giving..but I would have crumbled by day 3. I probably would have stayed awake and hid just to catch them...its great that they've showed up even in this weather. You'll have to tell me when you find out who it is. I love the Christmas family picture too. That is awesome. Next year we're doing our Christmas card pic's in July to see if I can get them out in time. I don't think we'll be making it over tomorrow but I hope you all have a great Christmas!! My nephew is in town from San Diego and we haven't seen him for a couple years so we are going to celebrate with him this year. It would be easier if he just moved back but with this weather I don't think the cohersing is going to go over so well!! Give everyone a hug for me!

Anonymous said...

My sis had a Secret Santa this year, and they caught the kids! And didn't know who the family even was!

It is a of fun. Could you be a cuter pregnant person?

kelly said...

somebody really likes you!
i'm not surprised...

kelly said...

btw, how cute is your card?!
love the picture...