Thursday, December 4, 2008

The rest of my birthday

So I left off with Marcie doing my dishes.

Then came my oldest home from school, with a big "happy birthday!!!!"

Emily with a really cute spa basket she put together for me, with a new book, some really cozy socks, yummy smelling bath stuff, some chocolates and one of the really funny cards I got that day.

Kelly showed up next with a big bag of mint m&m's that I have now eaten almost all of! A couple of Sundays ago she gave me Jon and Kate's new book 'multiple blessings' and I love it! {she knew I would buy it for myself or ask for it, so she gave it to me early. smart gal} It's a really great read for while I'm pregnant! Thanks for listening to me and knowing that I love that show!

Audrey showed up just as Kelly was leaving. She stopped by to give me good wishes and a big hug and as always, her big happy smile! I am so lucky that we grew up together and now get to swap parenting stories, laugh about our good times from childhood and live right around the corner from each other. She blesses my life each week by having Shilo over to play Wednesday afternoons so I can be by myself. Thank you!

Johns sisters both called me to let me know how much they love me and to let me know I was thought of.

John took the two youngest and I to The Ram for dinner. It was a nice time even though I couldn't eat very much due to the lack of room in my actual stomach.... :)



Next my in-laws came over to see me. I wish everyone had in-laws like mine. They are the kindest, sweetest people I know. They will drop everything to help me out when I need, they are my own personal support system living right across the street! My parents bought me a new hand mixer! Mine was lost to a home improvement project involving grout!


John gave me the Best Buy exclusive- Sting and the Police 4 disc set! Just what I was going to give him for Christmas {so I could have it} that's why he gave it to me for my Birthday, he knew I would buy it for him! And 27 dresses DVD. What a great guy to know that I'm going to have some home bound time on my hands, and will love watching these!

After that we headed off to my all time favorite foodie place! Cold Stone Creamery! I ordered the most suiting mix for the day- Birthday Cake Remix. YUMMM!!


By the end of the day I was spent.

I felt so wonderful from all the people who took the time to remember me. I loved having people stop by to see me and just let me know they cared. It made it one of the best Birthdays I think I've ever had as an adult.

It also made me realize that I need to be better about showing people I care about them, and showing them they are loved and appreciated by me.


*{bad picture, what can I say, the ice cream guy took it} *

Thanks for listening to my two day ramble, I just wanted to remember this special time in my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally- a pregnant picture!!! You look amazing and you really DO have amazing friends, what a wonderful day!

Maple said...

Sounds so fun! You are quite the lucky lady!

Paige said...

You do look really cute. I'm glad that you had such a lovely day. You deserve it.
(And I can't wait until the big party next year!)

timicus said...

I know I'm a few days late -- but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like it was GREAT!