Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Last of the 20's

So today I turn 29, and as I reflect back I have come to realize that I have all I ever needed or wanted. I can't think of a single thing to do tonight other than stay at home, order take-out and play a game with my kids. That's my birhtday wish.

My birthday really started last night when my friend Crystal met me at her salon for an evening of girl talk, hair color and thai food. What a treat! Even more so was the realization that she and I have been friends for 11 years! Back in our collage days when we were both just trying to survive chemistry, before John, before our boys came along. I am really grateful for her friendship, honesty and love.
John left me a message first thing this morning on my cell phone about how much he loves me and misses me. He wished me a great birthday, and was excited to see me when he gets home. You know he made me tear up. {he says that's not hard to do these days} 11 years of birthdays with John and he never fails to amaze me with his love. A girl just never gets tired of being swooned by the one she loves.
Jordan greeted me with a "good morning mommy" before she ever got her eyes opened.
Chastin couldn't wait for me to open the beautiful all white pot holder he made me. Poor kids thought of it all on his own weeks ago, wrapped it and then had to wait......for my birthday to get here. He was so excited!
Shilo told me that I couldn't leave the house on my birthday. We needed to stay home. Unless- we were going to Fantasia! Cute how 5 years olds think.
My dear friend Paige helped me out with Shilo and a little boy I watch. She was a BIG help and I always feel like I owe her big time for always being there for me to call when I need help. She is always happy to help me and I am truly thankful to have her in my life.
Early this morning my good friend and neighbor came bearing a Macy's gift card with a beautiful card signed by their 4 year old. It was very special to me that they thought of me on my special day.
Next was a long time friend, Marcie. {who spells her name with an 'ie' too, so we were instant friends:) }One of those friends that you are blessed enough to have, that you can go months with out talking to, yet never feel like there is any space between you. She used her gift of service to come over and help me out in more ways than one. But the biggest way she helped me was that while I wasn't home she came in and did my dishes! She unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, then hand washed all the rest! To top it all off she gave me a book I had never seen before about flea market finds! I ' m looking forward to laying in bed with my little side light on and going over all the cool projects just waiting for me to do. Maybe I'll implement some of them in my baby's shabby chic room!

I'll edit later to add how the rest of my day went, I just have such bad pregnancy brain that I didn't want to forget.

4 comments:

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Torrie! I'm glad that your day has gone well so far!

-::bee::- said...

I didn't realize we were fellow Sagittarians - Happy Birthday! It's a wonderful feeling when you realize you have everything you want.

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness!! I didn't know about this event!! Happy Birthday to you and so much love always always!!
I still love to hear about the things John does for you..I think I have a secret crush on him :)

Jaime said...

Sounds like a fantastic day of celebrating. Happy Be-lated Birthday.