Thursday, June 14, 2007

woodland park zoo


Tim and Grandma Margaret


My cousin Tim is here from Salt Lake
We are so excited to have him here,and that grandma is in town too.

Yesterday we went to the zoo
we were there for 5 hours, and still didn't get to see everything!
It was such fun! My favorite part was the butterflies.. one even landed on Tim, so we were all excited, that should make for a good memory to take home with him.


Still to do:



  • EMP

  • Safeco field tour and Mariners game

  • Quest field tour

  • Seattle undergroud tour


And maybe there will be some time for the Aquarium!
Having company is so much fun! I get to be a tourist in my own town! I'm loving it!
~I hope we are good enough hosts that he will want to come stay with us again~

5 comments:

kelly said...

oh, i love the butterfly exibit!
how lucky tim is to have such a great tour guide!

Jaime said...

You probably don't remember me, but I knew you a little bit when I was in 17th ward before the Shoreline stake got split up, years ago. Anyway, I'm also Kelly's sister-in-law.

Sounds like your zoo trip was wonderful. You grandma Margaret was my Merrie Miss teacher and I loved her!!! I have some very fond memories of her.

Anonymous said...

how cute! her merry miss teacher! I haven't heard that term since I was a merry miss! haha.
I hope you are having a blast, I love having visitors- so stressful and so fun.
I've never done the butterfly room, I always do whatever's free-Like playing the constantinople song at one of the exhibits nearby.

timicus said...

Thanks, Torrie, for a GREAT time. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed staying with You, John, and the kids. I will most certainly be making a return trip!!! (This is Tim, by the way.)

Unknown said...

Hi, Torrie. This Aunt Stel (for everyone else, I'm Tim's mom). We were so glad that he could visit you and your family, and have such a great time. Thanks for taking good care of him. :-)